Miramont's Ghost by Elizabeth Hall

In my BookCollection post I wrote that I was currently reading The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out The Window and Disappeared. Well, I'm still reading that book, but I took a break and picked up another book this weekend. I spent an entire Saturday reading Miramont's Ghost by Elizabeth Hall. A few things led me to reading this book: 1) I got a Kindle Paperwhite and 2) I actually downloaded this book in January before it was released through Amazon (woohoo Prime!) and I loaded it on my newest Kindle to see what it would look like. Well, after "test" reading the first page on my Paperwhite I was hooked!

Source: Goodreads


Miramont's Ghost is a mind boggling story about a young girl named Adrienne Beauvier. Adrienne was born a clairvoyant, the same as her grandmother, thus can see things others cannot. At the beginning of the story we meet a young Adrienne who is full of life and love. As the tale goes on we see how Adrienne responds to loss and goes from lively to just a hollow person. The story eventually centers on Miramont Castle, which is built my Adrienne's cousin and then abandoned only a few years after completion.

Now, I love a good ghost story. This particular book can be categorized as Fantasy. Before reading this I had actually never heard of Miramont Castle, but apparently it is a real place in Colorado making  this book even more interesting. I absolutely love how Elizabeth Hall has developed the character of Adrienne Beauvier. The last 1/4 of this book turns pretty tragic and I was literally left mouth agape at some parts. If you are looking for a good read and can stomach a gut wrenching ghost story, then this is the book for you!

Read on,

Saudia

Comments

Popular Posts