Museum of Fine Arts, Boston

Museum of Fine Arts Gift Shop


Yesterday after work I decided to go to the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. Now I've always been a huge fan of museums and my absolute favorite is The Met in NYC. Since I'm in the Boston area I figured I should at least visit the MFA once. Now one MAJOR difference between museums in NYC and museums in Boston is that in NYC you don't have to pay. Yea they put that sign up with a price, but that's a SUGGESTION. In Boston those prices are for real. Typically the admission is $25, but the MFA does a free day on Wednesdays after 4pm, so I took advantage.

The MFA is massive. It's 4 levels and there are dozens of galleries. There is such a plethora of art that I was a little overwhelmed. I only made it through maybe half of what's in there, so I definitely plan on going back. My favorite galleries are always the ones with furniture (I like to pick some for my future mansion when I'm a gazillionaire) and the 18th-19th century paintings. I also enjoyed the sculptures. Modern art isn't my thing.

Museum of Fine Arts
Some of my favorites at the MFA

I think my favorite part of this trip was the gift shop. I went a little overboard and got multiple things as you can see in the photo at the start of this post. Here's the thing…the gift shop is also a bookstore. So when I saw a book of Spanish fairy tales for $5 I just had to get it. It's something different to add to my collection and now it's also a keepsake from the MFA.

The MFA is accessible my public transportation (Green Line) and its art collection is amazing. From what I hear there are also outdoor gardens, so I have to go back when the weather gets nicer. There is also a restaurant inside that I plan on trying one day. For more photos check out my Instagram.

Hope you get to visit soon!

Read on,

Saudia

Comments

Popular Posts