Raven Used Books Visit

Spring is around the corner! I currently live in Cambridge, MA where we've had 2 straight months of snow and polar temperatures. Today the high was 48 degrees, which might as well be summer in New England! Due to the warmer weather AND the fact that the sun is still out when I leave work, I decided to pay a visit to Raven Used Books in Harvard Square.

Raven Used Books
Left: Bookmark from the store; Right: Store Front


Raven Used Books is a 5ish minute walk from the Harvard Square T stop. It is also not at street level, so I almost walked right past it on my way there. The entrance is below street level, so you have to go down a few steps. It's a cute little basement shop with a huge selection of Fiction, Art, History, and Political books. When I went in there were a few people sitting on stools reading books. I snapped some photos after they left…yay for not being a creeper!

Raven Used Books Inside
Inside the store


The prices of the used books were not exactly dirt cheap, but they weren't super expensive like a commercial store. The more popular books were around $8 and there was a rack of books for less than $3. The only books I saw that were more than $8 were those fancy vintage looking hard cover books. I was able to pick up two gems from the shop.

Books Purchased
Left: Honor by Elif Shafak; Right: Saving the World by Julia Alvarez


The first one, Honor by Elif Shafak, caught my eye immediately. The blue color of the book is so pretty and Elif Shafak is an author I've never read before. I figured I'd give it a try. The second book is Julia Alvarez's Saving the World. I read Alvarez's In the Time of the Butterflies YEARS ago and absolutely loved it. This book seemed interesting as well and since I know I've enjoyed one of Alvarez's works before I thought I would give it a try.

Raven Used Books is such a quaint and cozy shop with a great selection. I hope you get to visit it sometime!

Read on,

Saudia

Raven Used Books Store Information

Comments

Popular Posts