Boomerangs Thrift Shop

One of my favorite places to shop for books is my local thrift shop! Boomerangs is family of thrift stores with locations in the Boston area. The shop is unique because it is owned and operated by AIDS Action Committee of MA. All of the proceeds from the stores go to AIDS Action Committee, thus supporting a great cause!


Boomerangs Thrift Shop
Source: Boomerangs Website

Boomerangs offers a variety of items from clothing to housewares, but my favorite section is the books. I can usually get a book for about $0.50-$1.50, which is the cheapest I've ever paid for used books. The selection at my local Boomerangs (in Central Square) is awesome. Every time I go inside I come out with something. 


Here are the books that I purchased on my most recent trip to Boomerangs:





Not going to lie, these are books I purchased in large part because of their covers. They just look so pretty and after reading the summaries the stories seem pretty interesting as well.

If you are local to the Boston area I think that Boomerangs is a great place to check out. Even if you are not a fan of thrift shops (I rarely buy clothes there) they have a wide selection of housewares, furniture, and books. 

Read on,

Saudia

Comments

Popular Posts