Ultimate Book Tag! (Collab with Defining My World)

My best friend over at Defining My World sent me the Ultimate Book Tag! We did this together, so be sure to head over to her blog and check out her answers. It's really long, but here it goes - 

1. Post these rules
2. Post a photo of your favorite book cover
3. Answer the questions below
4. Tag a few people to answer them too
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you've tagged them
6. Make sure you tell the person who tagged you that you've taken part!

Favorite book cover










What are you reading right now? One More Thing: Stories and Other Stories by B.J. Novak

Do you have any idea what you’ll read when you’re done with that? The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson

What 5 books have you always wanted to read but haven’t got round to? 
  1. Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
  2. The Year of Living Biblically: One Man's Humble Quest to Follow the Bible as Literally as Possible by A.J. Jacobs
  3. The Witch's Daughter by Paula Brackston
  4. Witches of East End by Melissa de la Cruz
  5. The Rules of the Tunnel: My Brief Period of Madness by Ned Zeman

What magazines do you have in your bathroom/lounge right now? I have some old copies of Real Simple magazine if that counts…

What’s the worst book you've ever read? Hands down it's Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier. I had to read this book in high school and NEVER understood it. Once I saw a guy eyeing the book in Barnes and I prayed for his soul.

What book seemed really popular but you didn't like? The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. Seriously, a Pulitzer?

What’s the one book you always recommend to just about everyone? The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho is one that I always recommend. It's so simple, yet so profound. I also always recommend the Harry Potter series. Everyone needs a little magic in their lives ;-)

What are your three favorite poems? Honestly, any 3 by Shel Silverstein. Just crack open all the books and pick 3 at random.

Where do you usually get your books? The library. If it's not there then I look for it on Amazon.

Where do you usually read your books? On the train, in my room, on the sofa, in bed. The only place I don't read my books is at work - and I really wish I could!

When you were little, did you have any particular reading habits? I would read while walking around all the time. If we were in a store I would pick up a book and just walk around the store reading it.

What’s the last thing you stayed up half the night reading because it was so good you couldn't put it down? Probably Harry Potter. The books were really long, but so worth the sleepless nights!

Have you ever “faked” reading a book? Nope. Never pretend to like/have done something that you never have. Honesty is the best policy!

Have you ever bought a book just because you liked the cover? Nope.

What was your favorite book when you were a child? Goodnight Moon was my favorite when I was really little. When I was in middle school The Giver was my favorite.

What book changed your life?  The Giver by Lois Lowry. I read this book in middle school and I think that was the point when reading became my passion and not my hobby.

What is your favorite passage from a book?
“Things could change, Gabe," Jonas went on. "Things could be different. I don't know how, but there must be some way for things to be different. There could be colors. And grandparents," he added, staring through the dimness toward the ceiling of his sleepingroom. "And everybody would have the memories."

"You know the memories," he whispered, turning toward the crib.

Garbriel's breathing was even and deep. Jonas liked having him there, though he felt guilty about the secret. Each night he gave memories to Gabriel: memories of boat rides and picnics in the sun; memories of soft rainfall against windowpanes; memories of dancing barefoot on a damp lawn.

"Gabe?"

The newchild stirred slightly in his sleep. Jonas looked over at him.

"There could be love," Jonas whispered.” 
-The Giver by Lois Lowry

What are your top five favorite authors? J.K. Rowling, Carlos Ruiz Zafon, Shel Silverstein, Gillian Flynn, and Charlaine Harris (The Sookie Stackhouse Series was good, I don't care what anyone says)

What book has no one heard about but should read? The Kitchen Boy: A Novel of the Last Tsar by Robert Alexander. It's a great historical fiction novel about the Romanovs.

What 3 books are you an “Evangelist” for? The Harry Potter series, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, and The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon.

What are your favorite books by a first-time author? So this means my favorite "1st book" of an author? That would be To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. Great news - she's coming out with another book!


Five other notable mentions? FIVE?! Oh boy…how about instead you check out what I've already read on Goodreads!

Read on,

Saudia

Comments

Popular Posts