One More Thing: Stories and Other Stories by B.J. Novak Review

In the last 2 weeks I've been to 3 different cities dodging the brutal winter that has hit Boston. I went to Philadelphia for two very important reasons: 1. to see my best friend from college and 2. to go see B.J. Novak's beautiful face at a book event. It was a literal 24-hour trip to Philly and it was AWESOME. I got my copy of his book One More Thing: Stories and Other Stories signed and visited some really cool places in Philly. Head on over to Defining My World's blog to read more about our whirlwind 24-hours.

Time to jump into the book! For those who don't know, this book is actually a book of short stories. They range from just a few lines to a few pages. Novak's humor is prevalent in each story, no matter how short. One of the things I really love about this book is how some of the stories are connected. You'll meet a character in one short story that shows up in another a few pages later. I found it to be unexpected and quite delightful.



B.J. Novak's writing style is also delightful. The language isn't flowery and it feels as if he could be telling these stories to a group of friends. Each one has a deeper meaning of some sort, but none of the of the stories are overly philosophical. I think this is a great book to read after something heavy. Because the stories were not too long I could reach one or two between commercial breaks while watching TV, while eating breakfast, or right before going to bed (something I did quite often.) I have never tried reading an entire book of short stories and I'm really glad that I chose this book to be my first!

If you are looking for something short and light to read I highly suggest B.J. Novak's One More Thing: Stories and Other Stories.

Read on,

Saudia

Comments

Popular Posts