2015 POPSUGAR Reading Challenge

This year I decided to do my first ever Reading Challenge! I have never really read with a purpose like this before. Usually I just go to the library or used bookstore and pick up a ton of books that look interesting. Then my best friend over at Defining My World told me about the POPSUGAR Reading Challenge. POPSUGAR has provided a list of 50 criteria and the challenge is to read a book that matches each. So far I have read 1 book and I am working on the 2nd one. I won't write a review for each book I read (sorry, I just don't have the time!) BUT I will try to write a review for the ones that surprise me (good or bad…)

The first book I read was by an author I've never read before. MazieBaby by Julie Frayn. The book was fairly short and I got it for free on Kindle through the Kindle Owners Lending Library. I believe you need a Prime membership for that. The book is about a woman experiencing domestic abuse and the steps she takes to escape the situation. I won't give away all the details, but I will say that things take an interesting turn during her escape plan. The writing itself is not complex at all, which is a good thing if you are looking for a quick read. Because it is a short book there isn't much room for character development. I would recommend this book for those who do not have much time, but want to read something that holds their attention.

The second book that I am reading for the Reading Challenge is Donna Tartt's The Goldfinch. This covers the "Book over 500 pages" box. I am a bit more than halfway done and will be writing a review for this one when I finish. I will say that since it is well over 500 ages (775!) it is taking a lot of time to get through and slowing my challenge down! 

Read on,

Saudia



Comments

Popular Posts