Thrift Store Finds

One of my favorite things to do is to go to thrift stores looking for books. Usually, when people think of thrifting they think of finding vintage clothing, but I think of housewares and books. I didn't find any interesting housewares on my last thrifting trip, but I did find 3 interesting books!


The first book I found was a copy of Shel Silverstein's Where the Sidewalk Ends. I've loved Shel Silverstein books since elementary school and I always keep an eye out for them at any used bookstore or thrift shop. I've never come across one until now and I was so excited when I saw it. It's in great condition and was only $5.


The next book I got was a copy of Grimm's Fairy Tales. I already have a copy that was gifted to me years ago, but as soon as I saw this cover in the store I knew I had to get it. This is a 1997 Illustrated Junior Library edition. This is also in fairly good condition. It came with a clear plastic dust jacket on it that is beat up, but the book cover itself looks perfectly fine.


The last book I got is Creative Lettering and Beyond. So this one I feel like was put right in front of me at the right time. I've been getting into more creative hobbies like hand-lettering and I've been looking for ways to practice. At first, I was determined to not buy a book for this because there are so many free resources online. The challenge was that the printable practice pages I found I didn't really like and I really was ready to just drop this interest. This book was just 99¢ and it has some practice pages and teaches different lettering techniques.

I went to 2 thrift stores - Unique and Goodwill. Pricing at both seemed pretty much the same, but there was definitely a broader selection at Unique because that store is so much bigger. I'll probably go back in a few weeks...or months...to see what's new!

Comments

Popular Posts