Ghosted by Rosie Walsh

36464087

Ghosted is a book that I was so excited to read and then almost immediately disappointed when I finally did get to dive in. That sentence sounds super harsh reading it back,  but unfortunately, that's how I feel about this book. Let me explain...

Just as I love watching a good rom-com, I love some good chick-lit. Sometimes you just want to read 300 sappy pages that make you feel warm and fuzzy and not have to think about what's happening or why. Ghosted has a promising premise - a woman goes out with a man, they have a wonderful time, she never hears from him again and tries to find out. It's such a relatable story and the summary alludes to this being a bit of a mystery as something may have actually happened to this dude.



What I couldn't get on board with were the constant twists and turns in the story and the deliberate distractions in an attempt to shock and awe. This may be a personal preference, but I like it when stories stick to one genre, two at most. There were times that Ghosted felt like it was trying to be a thriller, then a mystery, then a romance. The book is around 300 pages, which is a good length in my opinion, but I think in order to accommodate so many changes in the plot it had to be longer in order to elaborate on some of the situations. It felt like a movie with multiple storylines, none completely fleshed out. Unfortunately, this is not a book I would recommend.

Comments

Popular Posts