Reading Goal Update: I’m so far behind


My last post was about an epic TBR list. This one is about how far behind I am on my reading goal. Oh how the stars have aligned… The goal I set for 2016 was to read 40 books this year. It seemed pretty realistic in my head, but seeing as I only reached 50% of my goal in 2015 it is clear to me now that I did not think this through. So far I’ve read 27 books this year, which is already more books than I read in all of 2015. I am 9 books behind my goal right now, but really hoping that the time I took off from work in December will help me catch up. I was ahead of my goal in the first half of the year and now I’m so far behind, what changed you ask?

  1. I stopped reading on my commute. Now I listen to music. Commuting has always been where I read the most, so this really hurts.
  2. Even though I pick up a lot of books, I also put down a lot of books. I promised myself that I wouldn’t read anything I couldn’t get into and I’ve been fulfilling that promise. Now that I think about it, maybe I’m doing too well on that promise.
  3. TV is my enemy. I watch a lot of TV. Like a lot. When I was ahead of my goal I would spend an hour or so a night reading before bed, but at some point that changed. Ugh so much TV.

So there it is. I just have to change those 3 things and I should be able to catch up on my goal? Maybe? This month I need to be way more conscious of how I’m spending my team because I actually really do want to reach this goal. We’ll see where I’m at in 2 weeks.

As always, thanks for taking the time to read my blog! Don’t forget to subscribe for updates and to follow me on social media. Hopefully the next time you visit I’ll be more on track with my reading goal >.<

Comments

Popular Posts