The Productivity Project by Chris Bailey | Book Review



One of my guilty pleasures, arguably the 2nd* guiltiest pleasure I have, is reading self-help books. Even though The Productivity Project** by Chris Bailey is probably considered a business book, I'm going to call it self-help because this is my blog and I make the rules. I picked this book up because I'm always looking for ways to be more productive. Granted, I don't always put those learnings into practice, but this book made that a little easier.

What makes this book more memorable than the plethora of productivity-hacking books out there is that Chris Bailey actually tried a lot of those hacks for you already. He writes about what worked for him, what didn't work and why they didn't work. Another cool thing about this book is that every time a new hack is introduced so is a pause for the reader. The pause is in the form of a checklist that basically instructs you to try the hack out right then and there. This call to actions makes this book a lot more useful because you are trying the hacks as you read instead of reading tons of text and maybe trying them later.

If you are looking for a book on how to be more productive and actually want to be more productive then I suggest reading The Productivity Project by Chris Bailey. He offers some really great advice and also walks you through the do's and don'ts of being more productive.

*My first guilty pleasure is reality tv. Don't hate, appreciate.
**I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

Comments

Popular Posts