Library Books Haul (It's a thing, trust me)

When was the last time you visited your public library? I try to go at least once every 2 weeks. One of my favorite things to do is go to the library on a Saturday, browse the new books section right in the front and then quickly scan the aisles for anything I might find interesting. My first ever paying job was at my public library, so I have a bit of an attachment to it. I also strongly believe that books should be made accessible to everyone and libraries are a great resource for people who may not be able to afford big-box-book stores.

On a typical visit to my library I walk out with 3 books. I can keep them for 2 weeks and usually renew for another 2 weeks depending on how the size of the book. On my last visit I walked out with these 3 books:



I chose The Translation of Love by Lynne Kutsukake because it's set in post-war Japan, a time period I don't know much about. Yes, it's fiction and no, I'm not looking to get a history lesson; just a different perspective. My next choice is The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Choksi. I chose this book because it's a YA Fantasy, one of my favorite genres. The other reason I chose these 2 books is because they are written by women of color. One thing I'm trying to get better at is having a more diverse reading selection. The last book is The Watchmaker of Filigree Street by Natasha Pulley. This is a book I am reading for a book club.

I've already finished reading The Star-Touched Queen and am now jumping into The Translation of Love. I'll probably finish everything in the next week and a half and will then go back to the library for another set of books.

Follow me on Goodreads and Instagram to keep up with what I'm currently reading!

Comments

Popular Posts