Witches of East End by Melissa de la Cruz

Witches of East End by Melissa de la Cruz is a book that I've been looking forward to for a long time. I saw Season 1 of the show and really enjoyed it. One of my friends told me it was actually a book and lent me her copy of the first in the series. I finally got to read it this weekend! The book is less than 300 pages and the chapters are on average 3-4 pages each, so it's a pretty quick read. I found myself saying "oh I can read one more chapter" multiple times and finished it pretty quickly.

Source: Goodreads


First let me say that I was slightly disappointed by the book.
Usually I think books are much better than their TV/movie counterparts and it doesn't matter which one I read/watch first. The characters were each very interesting. There's Freya and Ingrid Beauchamp - sisters - and their mother, Joanna. The women are witches and they live in a normal world where use of their magic is restricted. The most interesting part of this novel was getting to know these characters.

Something evil comes to town and the ladies work together to figure out what it is and how to defeat it. That part is good too. The part I didn't enjoy as much was the love story. Maybe it's because this has become somewhat of a norm these days, but I find love triangles in novels a bit tiresome now. However, I always enjoy a good fantasy novel and there was enough imagination in this novel to keep me interested until the end. I don't think I'll be reading the other books in this series, but I do wish the TV adaption was still on air.

Read on,

Saudia


Comments

Popular Posts