HRC by Jonathan Allen, Amie Parnes

The 2016 Presidential Election is fast approaching and what better way to get prepared than to read books about the potential candidates? I decided to start with Hillary Clinton. For my own little "Clinton project" I read HRC: State Secrets and the Rebirth of Hillary Clinton* by Jonathan Allen and Amie Parnes. Now I have a hard time reading non-fiction books. They make me think of school and textbooks and small print and exams. So for this one I read and listened to the book. I got the audiobook from Audible and it definitely helped me finish the book faster.

Source: BloggingforBooks


The timeline the book covers is from the 2008 Election to Benghazi.
My favorite part of this book was learning about the inner workings of the HRC team. The way they are described reminded me of the show Veep. The book also talks about how much the Clintons value loyalty and how that may have impeded some of their political success.

Another interesting topic the book covered was the relationship between the HRC and Obama teams. To see them go from competitors to developing a trusting work relationship is wonderful. Throughout the entire book we see the more "personal" side of Hillary. This is a nice contrast to the stoic figure she portrays to the public.

If you're interested in learning more about HRC and are just interested in good political writing then check out this book!

Read on,

Saudia

*I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

Comments

Popular Posts