My Most Epic TBR List

Somehow I have found myself with too many books to read. I know I know, that’s a ridiculous statement. YET HERE WE ARE. I’ve acquired 7 books in the last month or so and haven’t really gotten around to reading them yet. Six of them are ARCs I received and one I actually purchased. So here’s my ambitious TBR list:

All covers from Goodreads and Amazon. The last image depicts how I feel.

  • The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness by Michelle Alexander (bought from Amazon)
  • The Tea Planter's Wife by Dinah Jefferies (Blogging for Books)
  • There I Go Again by William Daniels  (March 2017) (Netgalley)
  • Mistletoe and Mayhem by Sharon Sobel, Virginia Brown, Karen Frisch, Jo Ann Ferguson (November 2016) (Netgalley)
  • Kindred: A Graphic Novel Adaptation by Octavia E. Butler (January 2017) (Netgalley)
  • Disaster Falls by Stephane Gerson (January 2017) (Penguin First to Read)
  • The Fall of Lisa Bellow by Susan Perabo (March 2017) (Jellybooks)

The first book on the list I decided to read while the circus passed through town this year (read: the 2016 US election.) I started reading it a few days ago and so far so good. The Netgalley and Penguin books I didn’t expect to get. Usually when I request ARCs from those 2 sources I get none or ⅓ of what I requested. This time the literary gods were on my side, so I got everything all at once. The last book I got from Jellybooks, which is a new thing I’m trying out. I heard about it from my friend Jess and thought the idea was cool. TL;DR: Jellybooks gives you ARCs and in return they track your reading habits.

This is the first time in a while that I’ve had so many books to read. Since most of them are ARCs provided by publishers I definitely want to get through them. The silver lining of this little predicament is that I might actually catch up on my reading goal!

Comments

Popular Posts